- Model NO.: HD-25
- Concentrating: No
- Type: Heat Radiator
- Pipe Material: Aluminium
- Origin: Nanjing, China
- Certification: CE
- Working Temperature Range: High Temperature
- Application: Water Heater, Solar Thermal
- Trademark: Apricus
Solar thermal installations can have issues with excessive heat production in the summer months, particularly if the system has been designed for space heating as well as hot water.
In order to manager excessive heat in periods of high solar gain and reduced energy usgae, the heat needs to be safety dissipated. Apricus provides a water to air heat exchanger specifically for this purpose.
Water returning from the solar collector can be directed through and HD-25 unit to dissipate most, if not all of the heat produced by an Apricus 30 tube collector in full summer sun. This is achieved by using a solenoid or thermostatic 3 way valve. The HD-25 may also be installed in a circulation loop, pulling hot water from the top of the storage tank and returning mid level, this cooling the water.
1. >1.3kW heat dissipation capacity*
2. Suitable for fresh water or glycol/water systems.
3. Anodized aluminiun fins and outer casing for excellent corrosion resistance
4. Silver brazed copper piping with 1/2" M BSP inlet and outlet.
5. Easy mounting on exterior wall or in roof space.
6. Able to be connected in series for greater heat dissipation capacity.
7. Minimal pressure drop.
8. May be used as a simple hydronic space heating panel.
9. Neat, attractive design.
* Based on 80oC / 176oF water temp, 40oC / 104oF ambient, no forced air flow.
Where to Install the Heat Dissipator
The HD is installed on the return line from the solar collector(s). When the temperature in the storage tank exceeds the pre-set limit (~80oC / 176oF), the controller switches a solenoid which directs the solar return flow through the HD before returning it back into the standard flow line. Alternatively a thermostatic mixing valve/tempering valve set to a suitable temperature can be used, providing mechanic, automatic regulation of flow through the heat dissipator.
As the hot water passes through the HD, heat is dissipated via the aluminium fins to surrounding air, the vertical fin arrangement promoting a passsive air current.
One HD-25 unit can dissipate 100% of the heat produced by an AP-30 collector in full sun, during very high ambient temperatures.
The copper pipe to and from the collector should be heavily insulated, as should the lengths of pipe to and from the HD. The solenoid valve prevents flow of collector return water through the HD during normal temperature operation, thus preventing unnecessary heat loss.